Friday, October 21, 2005

Why DreamWarrior

Whenever in my life I felt bored, depressed, left out, alone, scared, etc... I would day dream... I could tune everything out and focus on nothing, but in my mind was a whole new world... on the outside, nothing, plain Jane drifting through out the hallway... but in the back of my mind, I was creating things... a new planet, a new lover, an adventure in far away countries - I imagined it all! What the smells were like, what the feelings where, what the person looked like, what he/she said, what I did in response... everything was in my mind!

I got soo good at day dreaming, even at night - that sometimes I would fall asleep and my subconscious would continue my day dreaming into my dreams... freaky aint it! I loved it!! It was my escape, my safe and naughty adventure where I could be the heroine or the villain and still be who I am, here - in the real world.

Over the years I've found that my favorite day dreams always revolved around a warrior type image... A Princess Leigha type figure who had her hero but didnt need to depend on him. I was always strong and weak at the same time, it's hard to explain. But boy... it was fun...

My hero's were of all shape and sizes, a lot of them are figures I've seen on TV or in movies, some are even real life people that I play with like puppets in my mind... what they say, what they do - are very similar to who they are in real life, but in my dreams, they are mine to play with...

For example... the other day I had a real dream that I was in a car accident, and in my dream my boss, who happened to be in the car behind me, parked his car not too far from mine and was trying to help me out... well when I woke up... I remembered the dream, and today at work during a very boring meeting, I whipped out that dream and added this really cute IT guy that I worked with. I added a very dramatic ending and an intricate plot for my death... and well, at the end of the meeting I was very happy with myself and got absolutely nothing done at work! he he!

I guess that wasn't very warrior like, but trust me, I've had some really good ones! Maybe I'll tell about them another time... I just realized that I never really told anyone about this. I dont even dare to tell my husband who's all serious and pay the bills, and clean the house, and feed the dog, ar ar! (not all the time, but mostly)... I've tried talking about it with him, dreaming, and he said that he could never remember any of the dreams he's had. I've asked him if he day dreamed and he laughed, thought it was a waist of time - better spent on the internet or reading a book, walking, hiking, something...

I'm also a believer of imaging your future, you know, taking an image of something and knowing it so well that in your life it becomes real... I guess its called Imaging... but anyway, my husband doesn't know anything about it... he reads all these business and finance books, but has no idea what it is to think of something and make it real... so, as you can imagin, I keep it to myself...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home