Thursday, April 06, 2006

Dream to Reality

I cant remember when it was, maybe February. But, the line was drawn. I weighed in at 182lbs!! The heaviest I have ever been... I didnt even reach that weight when I was nine months pregnant! That's when my brain clicked. I stopped looking towards my husband for support and motivation. I knew it wasnt going to come. I took the bull by the horns and ran full speed.

I joined the gym where I work (which happens to be an Army base). And I started running once a week to build endurance. I would wake up early and do 1/2 hour at the local gym (by my house) of the EFX machine. Really lite stuff. Three times a week I would weight train. So here we are two months later and my routine has changed slightly. I still cant get the weight training down packed, and I've started running twice a week during lunch on those days that I dont weight train. Im having a really hard time waking up early, but I'll do so once or twice a week.

Oh, and I've started Kung Fu training. Nothing hard core, its really more technique work than anything... no sparing yet... I have to earn my white belt. My son is also doing this with me, which works out great for him. Its encouraging and plus we push each other. You have to see us in the livingroom - its a riot! My son will be nine in May and we're quite the pair!

So, the update is that Im down to 178, but I've been 178 for three weeks now. Im thinking its a diet issue. I'll have to start a stricter diet. I was following the routine that I did many years ago, only to realize that it doesnt work anymore... I've lowered my weights and increased the reps, and running twice a week is something new... and of course Kung Fu is new too.

I think once I start the new diet, I'll buy myself the poster of Wonder Woman that Alex Ross did. Its a full size poster that I can put over my door in my bedroom and look at every day. Talk about motivation!!

The point is, Im tiered of Dreaming of the Warrior and I want her to become a reality. I really do, and I know that no matter how much imaging I do, I'll never become that person unless I take a few steps... or sign up for an episode of "The Swan" which wont help either because I'll be beautiful, but that's not enough. Its the training that makes you a warrior... and as a result of the training, I'll be beautiful!!

TTFN!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi dream! Wow, you really are in trainning to be a warrior huh!? Good luck with it all, sounds great!

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home