Thursday, October 05, 2006

Hero

I guess every warrior has his/her weekness. Id say one of mine is my poor eyesight. My eyes are very bad and I wear contacts 24/7 just to see. Yup, I even sleep in them. I know im not supposed to, but bad eyesight is such a weakness, I'd hate to wake up in the middle of the night for an emergency and not able to see right away. Yeah, I guess I can keep my glasses on the night stand, but the initial reaction usually aint to reach for my glasses, its to get up and get out!

A few times I've had to get up in the dead on night for what ever reason. And believe me, those were the nights when I didnt have contacts on! I can easily get my eyes fixed with a simple $5,000 procedure, I just dont have the 5K to dish out on my eyes. So, for now, contacts it is.

Well, last night there was a HORRIBLE thunderstorm. I mean really bad. The Thunder bolts dashed through the night sky like MEAN NASTY LASHINGS! Then the thunder that roared afterwards was just too loud and too violent. Violent, thats a good word to decribe the storm. Anyway, driving home from school, the rain is pounding on my car and the bright lights of the sky are a few miles away, so I cant really see them and I cant hear them. That is, until I get home. I was hoping to beat the thunder home, but we got there at the same time. Bang, thrash, roar. Blinding light, more banging, more crashing!

While I was driving home, I had my husband, but no answer (I was hoping he could go next door and pick up my son from my mom - who watches him while im at school, cause god forbid my husband should babysit a full grown nine year old boy - anyway, if he picks up my son before the rain really hit, then that would save me from carrying my fully grown nine year old boy next door in the middle of the rain and lightning storm). Nope, he wasnt home. So there I was with Mr. Lightning chuckling and laughing at me as I park in my drive way, run across the lawn (yes, I had an umbrella, but believe me - it didnt help)... rang my mothers door bell and jump inside just as he bursted out laughing at my lame attempt to keep dry.

I woke up my son, cause there was NO WAY Wonder Woman could piggie back him back home in high heels in the middle of a VIOLENT storm... I didnt want to risk it. On a dry night, I could easily lift my 100lb son on my back and carry him home (yes, with heels on). Groggy, Cranky, and full of classy whining (from the both of us), I dressed him up - put his shoes on and guided him (under the umbrella) back across the lawn to my house. My sleepy boy walked himself up the stairs and straight to bed, while I looked in distress at my kitchen (realized that my husband had not been home all day) and shrugged. F-this Im going to bed... Mr. Lighting had a different idea.

Every room in my house has windows, and the light that casted through the dark house was horrible. Oh did I mention that I have bad eyes. I think, its because of the flashing light, mixed with bad eyes, a roaring thunder, and my mothers over religous up bring - yes the world will end with thunder and fire - that I am MORBIDLY AFFRAID OF LIGHTING AND THUNDER! Where's my hero when I need one? The dog was curled in his chair and my son was fast asleep, still in his shoes, in his bed. I changed and cursed at the lighting every time it made me jump. I undressed my boy and took off his shoes. Then, I decided that he would be my hero tonight. I crawled into his full size bed and hid under the covers. He was in such a deep sleep that he didnt even notice. I went under the blankets and closed my eyes. The fan was on high to drown out any the noise from the thunder and I prayed that it (the thunder and lighting) would end. It was now midnight.

My husband came home and woke me up. "What are you doing here?" I ignored him, turned over and went back to bed. Around 2AM I here all this arguing and I realize that the TV is on WAY TOO LOUD. On purpose. I get up, remembered that there isnt an alarm in this room, and stomp grumply into my bedroom, where my husband was sound asleep, TV blaring. No thunder.

I turn off the TV and he magically wakes up and says, "Finally, your coming to bed."

"Get off me!" I yell back as he attempts to put his arms around me while I adjust the pillow and turn on the alarm. Stupid alarm. I'll have to move this to the other room.

Today he calls me at work as if nothing happened. "Did you feed the dog this morning?" Apparently, he didnt know the thunder and lighting was going on... he must have been in another country. Oh yeah, he knows how much I hate thunder and lightning. I hung up on him. I dont think he knows why Im mad, I dont think he cares. Im sure he's hanging out with buddies saying stuff like, yeah she's PMSing again. But Im not PMSing. Im just in need of a hero.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home